Efficiency First Membership Benefits
Current Members: Log in to your online account for complete information about how to use your member benefits and discounts.Jump to:
From Efficiency First
Efficiency First Logo
Use of an Efficiency First logo on your site and marketing materials.
The Efficiency First Job Board lists current employment opportunities in all aspects of the Home Performance industry, including openings for energy auditors, field technicians and administrative staff. There is no charge for job seekers to view listings or post profiles and resumes. Employers who wish to post job openings must be current members of Efficiency First. Check it out at jobs.efficiencyfirst.org.
Efficiency First Webinars for members on topics ranging from financing and marketing to BPI accreditation processes.
The Home Depot Efficiency First U.S. Communities Program is a cooperative purchasing program that combines and strengthens the purchasing power of home performance contractors nationwide, meaning more money goes back in the pockets of contractors who work with government entities, utilities and individual customers to retrofit buildings all across America.
SPECIAL PROMO OFFER: Sign up for The Home Depot Efficiency First U.S. Communities Program by November 1, 2013 and receive full credit for your 2013 purchases at The Home Depot.
Ongoing member benefit: Enroll in The Home Depot Efficiency First Savings Program and home performance contractors with annual purchases of:
- $10,000 - $25,000 will receive a 1% rebate*
- $25,000 - $100,000 will receive a 2% rebate*
- $100,000+ will receive a 3% rebate*
*Rebates are calculated based on your spending during each calendar year (Jan 1-Dec 31). All rebate checks will be issued annually by March 1.
From Indow Windows: Indow Windows are window inserts that press inside window frames to provide exceptional comfort while dramatically reducing air infiltration. Most customers identify their windows as the number one source of energy loss and discomfort. Indow Windows solve this customer concern cost-effectively and are easy for Home Performance Contractors to add to their service offering.
Special offer through Oct 1, 2013:
- 10% Margin Boost: Act now and receive an additional 10% in dealer margin for all products purchased for the first 60 days after training*, if training is completed by Oct 1, 2013.
*Compared to a standard 6% introductory margin boost
Ongoing EF member benefits:
- 10% discount on Dealer Startup Kit: Receive a 10% discount on the modest investment needed to become a factory authorized Indow Windows dealer ($109.50 value, for new dealers only)
- $50 off one purchase per year of co-branded marketing materials on orders of $100 or more
As an Efficiency First member, you qualify for a $55 discount on a first-year membership in the Electric & Gas Industries Association with access to these specially-negotiated member benefits and more:
- Business Insurance Program Discounts from Wells Fargo Insurance Services. Save an average of 10-15% on annual insurance premiums.
- Employee Benefit Program Discounts from Wells Fargo Insurance Services. Benefit programs include: medical, dental and life insurance
- Payroll Processing & Tax Compliance Program Discounts from ADP. Free first month and 22% discount thereafter on payroll processing services with implementation fee waived for members with less than 100 employees.
- Collections and Debt Recovery Program Discounts from Transworld Systems. You receive 100% of all funds collected by this agency on your behalf at discounted rates with: real-time reporting, complete control, and diplomatic approach for customer retention with collected monies paid directly to you by your customers.
Give Something Back is a certified green business that donates over half our profits to nonprofits. We make office supplies fun and fulfilling, offering the best in low-priced, environmentally-friendly products for your office and lunchroom.
- We offer prices 5-15% lower than the national chains.
Tools and Trainings
California: ACI Regional Home Performance Conference in California
November 18–19, 2013 in La Jolla, CA
Efficiency First members receive $50 off current registration fees, per attendee
New York: ACI Regional Home Performance Conference in New York
February 11–12, 2014 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Efficiency First members receive $50 off current registration fees, per attendee
National: ACI National Home Performance Conference
April 29–May 1, 2014 in Detroit, MI
Efficiency First members receive $100 off current registration fees, per attendee
The Energy Conservation Institute provides training courses and tools for Home Performance companies. Efficiency First members receive:
- 5% off MSRP prices for tools and equipment.
- 10% off prices for training courses.
Home Performance Software
Performance Systems Development is offering Efficiency First members a discount on Treat Software (Targeted Retrofit Energy Analysis Tool), the industry leader in building comprehensive models of a home's energy use.
- 10% off MSRP of Treat single family or multifamily software..
Hancock Software is offering Efficiency First members a discount on their iHEAT Energy Audit Tool. Here's more info from Hancock Software about the product:
Hancock Software’s iHEAT Energy Audit Tool provides home energy professionals with a easy to use, accurate energy auditing app that integrates with an online client and work order management system. Auditors who use iHEAT are able to complete the energy model with no internet connection, provide home-efficiency reports, proposals, and convert the client from an energy audit to installing the recommended measures all in one visit. Along with iHEAT, Hancock Software is a leading provider of cutting-edge utility and government energy conservation program management tools. iPhone and iPad apps are also included.
Snugg Home is offering Efficiency First members a 10% discount on their SnuggPro Energy Assessment Software. Here's more info from Snugg about the product:
Snugg Pro is a cloud-based laptop and iPad sales tool for residential contractors and energy auditors. Snugg Pro lets you produce a compelling homeowner report in a single home visit so you can:
- Fast track your audit process
- Turbocharge your retrofit conversion rate
TruTech Tools, LTD, your one stop shop for energy audit test equipment, is pleased to offer the following benefits exclusively to Efficiency First members:
- An automatic 3% discount to Efficiency First members off the best price for ALL products on TruTechTools.com, once a simple application is filled out.
- FREE ANNUAL addition of $75 worth of TruTechTools Rewards Points to customer account (occurs on subsequent anniversaries of first purchase)
- FREE unlimited telephone & video tech support including documentation, videos etc.
- An automatic invitation to annual Private Sale Days at TruTechTools
- Automatic VIP Order handling, Efficiency First member orders get shipped first
- 5% discount off of product service preformed at TruTech Tools (eg. Calibrations, repairs, as available)
EF Marketing Resources for Member Companies
Customizable resources from the Efficiency First National Marketing Working for member companies to use. Including:
- Home Performance brochure -- print and HTML versions-- explaining building science and the whole house approach
- Home Performance PowerPoint presentation to deliver to community groups
- Sample customer case studies to help you show off your work
Energy Circle PRO is a complete web and marketing platform designed specifically to help independent energy efficiency professionals grow their businesses. The platform consists of the following features:
- Optimized, professionally designed, easy-to-manage website--over which you have full control--delivered to you in a matter of days
- Content libraries stocked with home performance-specific copy, images and video
- Unique marketing services and features to help drive lead generation, conversion and retention--Internet marketing; SEO review; newsletter service; unique password protected portal pages for each of your customers; unlimited landing pages and eCommerce stores
Visit our WEBSITE to learn more about the platform and our special offer for Efficiency First members.
EnergySavvy.com is a trusted source for high-quality home energy job referrals. Efficiency First members get a 50% discount on EnergySavvy.com activation fees. Visit http://www.energysavvy.com/login/efficiencyfirst to learn more and activate your account.
Right Brain Branding provides Efficiency First members with a free web review.
Warm Thoughts Communications
As the nation’s premier home performance marketing company, Warm Thoughts is pleased to offer special benefits to Efficiency First members. Sign on with us to help you generate more leads, close more sales, and improve your marketing and communication capabilities, and you’ll receive:
- 10% off on creative services for all projects for 12 months
- A FREE 1-Hour Marketing Strategy Consultation
- A FREE 20-point website grading analysis
Efficiency First members receive a $20 discount on print or online subscriptions of Home Energy Magazine.
10% discount for Efficiency First members. Green Builder magazine is the building industry's leading magazine focused on green building and sustainable development. Green Builder offers practical, cost-effective information to a community of the most advanced building professionals across the country. The magazine's nationally award-winning editorial team blends top-quality visionary content with sophisticated design to generate an unforgettable publication that addresses the most important issues of our time. For more information, visit www.greenbuildermag.com.